Join Our Team
Chicago Home Tutor provides a positive and collaborative working environment for passionate educators. Here’s what one of our current tutors has to say about it:
“Working for CHT has been great. The owner Laura, and everyone else at CHT, is very helpful and supportive. The students/families I work with are very rewarding and engaging. CHT offers tremendous flexibility with opportunities all throughout the day, throughout the city and suburbs. It’s the most fun I’ve had teaching, I highly recommend you give it a try!”
We are looking for specialized tutors in the following areas
- learning behavior specialists
- reading specialists
- math specialists
- school psychologists
- special education teachers
- teachers with experience in effective academic interventions
Sessions take place in-home (sometimes in other places such as private schools and medical settings). We are particularly looking for tutors who have availability throughout Chicago as well as in the North Shore, Western Suburbs (all the way from Oak Park to Aurora), and the Hyde Park area.
Especially encouraged to apply:
- Tutors with specific intervention training experience such as Touch Math, Reading Recovery, Orton-Gillingham, and Wilson.
- Special educators (LBS1 certified/School Psychologists) who want flexible work with students during the school day in their private and homeschool settings.
- Educators who can support students with executive functioning needs (organization, time management, task completion, on task behavior).
- Special educators who teach high school level math and science.
- Design and deliver evidenced-driven academic support for students (K-12).
- Conduct assessments of current student skills to determine academic needs (using interviews, record reviews, curriculum-based assessments, etc.).
- Design and deliver evidence-driven social emotional support if needed (behavior plans, social stories, on/off task monitoring, etc.).
- Monitor student progress and communicate progress to clients and parents (and school if requested by parents).
- Collaborate with other interventionists about specific cases to offer and receive support.
- Reliable transportation required
- Availability desired: 3-25 hours per week for the entire year (school year and summer)
If interested, please send cover letter and resume to Laura Reber at email@example.com (no phone calls please). Please specify to which areas of Chicago and/or suburbs you are willing to travel and any training and expertise relevant to the position.
We thank you for your time and we look forward to your application!